Many people, over the years and the deterioration of health, stop being autonomous to perform daily tasks, or simply get sick and need regular care. Their relatives decide to admit them into geriatric residences or specialized medical centers, when, in almost all cases, they can be treated at home, in their environment, through the Home Care Services (SAD), Personal Care Assistant services, complemented by tele-assistance via telephone.
Not only elderly people can benefit from the Home Care Services, but sick or dependent of any age, can also.
Despite the fact that more and more home care or telecare services are being offered, the lack of knowledge of the many benefits that can be offered to the elderly or dependent, makes quality and trust services scarce, services that offer closeness and trust through great professionals. like those of Your Greatest Friend, which is what the elders really need.
What Benefits do the Home Care Services offer?
For the elderly or dependent to feel comfortable in their home, it is essential to provide a mixture of family proximity with professional services, thus achieving the greatest possible welfare for both the elderly and their families.
There are many benefits that home care offers, which can be divided into health aspects, social aspects and scientific-technical aspects.
- Individualized attention: by being treated in your own home and in a personalized way, the health professional deals exclusively with the patient, being able to devote all his effort and knowledge in the greatest.
- Rapidity and ease of recovery: reversible diseases recover more quickly if the dependent is at home, as it is in their environment providing a large dose of psychological positivity.
- Increase in life expectancy: being in his own environment and surrounded by people of trust and affection, the older feels accompanied, feels that he is not alone, so that problems derived from income are avoided as depressions.
- Creation of routines: certain diseases need to make daily movements, both to improve health and to stay active and independent. With a professional in the home, it is guaranteed that you have a total availability to do those activities and not be aware of whether that day may or may not serve the elderly.
- Stay at home: the transfer to a hospital or residence makes the elderly feel out of their environment and insecure, creating psychological problems that worsen their health. This allows an improvement in the communication between the patient and the professional since a much closer and human bond is established.
- Lower cost: compared to residences, home assistance is much cheaper, both in the services received and in the transfers of the elderly or family members, since they do not have to perform them.
- Greater intimacy: when living in residences, the elderly can feel that they take away the privacy they can have in their home, whether for hygiene, rest or communication.
Use of new technologies: the advancement in technology makes telecare much easier and more efficient, just as the elderly can be communicated with the world through the Internet or with intuitive smartphones.
In short, the Home Care Services seek to reward all that the elderly have earned throughout their lives, to remain independent and do whatever they want and when they want, staying in their own home with total freedom.