Nashik Kumbh Mela is a huge event which has religious importance in the lives of Hindu. This grand Mela happens after every 12 years and hosted by four pilgrimage centres. This grand and beautiful religious celebration is also known as Puran Kumbh. Nashik is the centre for this grand Kumbh Mela and large number of Pilgrims visits this Mela and takes a dip in the pure river water of Ramkund and Kushavarta.
- Nashik Kumbh Mela 2015 is going to be celebrated from 14th July to 25th September and its duration is almost 1.5 month. The climate during the months of March and June are extremely hot and full of humidity and at the time of September it will become bit cold because of monsoon that’s why this time is chosen for this grand celebration.
- Various deluxe buses and trains available from pune and Mumbai and it will be very convenient for people because Nashik is hardly 135 km away from these places. This place is well-connected to the various parts of India and also known as the important station of Indian Railway so reaching here would not be a problem for anyone.
- There are some special dates in 2015 on which certain events of this Grand Nashik Kumbh Mela will be performed. On 14th July 2015 they will celebrate the main ceremony i.e. flag hoisting at Ram Kund. On 14th August 2015 there will be again a ceremony of flag hoisting but this time at different place which is Sadhu gram.
- On 29th August 2015 pilgrims will enjoy the privilege of First Shahi Snan which has extreme religious importance in Hindus. On 13th September 2015 there would be Second Shahi Snan and on 18th September 2015 pilgrims would do last and third Shahi Snan. It’s a belief that people get rid of their evil activities after taking a dip in the holy water.
- There are various renowned hotels in Nashik where normal people can stay and enjoy the entire Grand Kumbh Mela 2015 without any disturbance. This city gives you memorable and pleasant experience because it has all eminent facilities. You can enjoy shopping in the markets of Nashik and also refresh yourself with a cup of coffee in various prominent coffee bars.
- In India every religious event and festival has some story or reason behind it and same applies with this Grand celebration. The story behind this Grand Nashik Kumbh Mela is that gods had to protect the holy water (amrit) from demons and for doing this they had to stay on the earth for twelve days which is equivalent to twelve years for them and this Amrit has fallen off on twelve different places that’s why this celebration is done after every twelve years.
The celebration of this Kumbh Mela is dependent on the position of planets, constellations and stars. If Guru and Sun are in the sun sign Leo then this Grand Kumbh Mela would be celebrated in the city of Nasik and Trimbakeshwar otherwise it would be celebrated in other states but this time it is going to be happen in Nashik only.