The Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) initiated the BDA housing scheme to provide over 3,250 affordable units all over the city. It has started 5 new projects with best-in-class amenities.
This Bangalore housing scheme will provide 1 BHK, 2 BHK, and 3 BHK flats for individuals of the general category in the EWS and LIG sections. Units on offer are within the jurisdiction of BDA, and they will be allotted according to BDA Allotment of Site Rule of 1984.
Applicants need to follow the steps mentioned below to apply for BDA housing scheme.
- They need to visit certified banks to collect a registration form by paying the fees determined by BDA.
- Once they submit their registration form, they will be provided with an acknowledgment slip, which they need to submit to the BDA.
- They need to pay the first deposit in the form of order/cheque/ DD in favor of the commissioner of BDA.
Once they are allotted with a unit, they can pay the remaining amount in installments as per the policy of BDA. They can also avail a home loan to fund the expense.
Eligibility criteria of the Bangalore housing scheme
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to avail a unit under BDA housing scheme.
- Individuals applying for flats under Economically Weaker Section (EWS) should have a family income less than Rs. 3.5 Lakhs per annum. There is no income limit for applicants in the general category.
- Applicants over the age of 21 only can apply.
- Applicants must be a resident of Karnataka for at least 10 years before the date of registration.
- Families that availed flats under any other scheme in the state are not eligible to apply.
Once applicants are allotted units, they need to make the payments to BDA as follows-
- Applicants need to pay 25% of the remaining unit’s value within 60 days of receiving the allotment letter.
- Applicants need to pay another 25% of the remaining value within 120 days of receiving the allotment letter.
- Applicants need to pay the remaining value along with the Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB) and Bangalore Electricity Supply Company (BESCOM) within 180 days of receiving the allotment letter.
Applicants can avail a home loan from any financial institution to fund the expenses. Instead of paying a huge chunk upfront, they can pay the total amount in EMI’s to reduce their financial burden. They can use an online home loan calculator to decide a monthly installment they are comfortable paying.
Also, they should look for a lender that offers best interest rates and favorable terms to make most of their credit. Checking the fees and charges of a home loan beforehand is also advisable.
Reservations for different categories under the BDA housing scheme is as follows-
- Reservation for the general category- 50%.
- Reservation for backward tribes-2%.
- Reservation for scheduled caste- 13%.
- Reservation for members of armed forces, ex-servicemen or families of deceased servicemen- 10%.
- Reservation for employees in the State Government- 10%.
- Reservation for employees of the Central Government or in public sectors/ bodies owned by the State or Central Government- 8%.
- Reservation for physically challenged individuals- 2%.
- Reservation for individuals having outstanding achievements in the field of arts, science or sports-2%.
BDA housing scheme aims to provide affordable housing for the residents of Bangalore. Applicants can choose a unit in any locality offered by BDA. However, if applicants are planning to take a credit to fund these expenses, they must check their home loan eligibility criteria beforehand so that there is no hassle after a flat is allotted.
Additional Read: Buy Your Dream Home In Bangalore At 10% Discount