It is just not saying that well-maintained machines live forever, it is a fact. This also implies to sewage treatment plant India that requires proper maintenance and servicing to provide efficient performance for sewage treatment.
There are more small scale sewage treatment plants that are varied in sizes and designs. From past few years, the concern of people regarding increasing pollution and sewage is on rage. And this is the reason they are looking for options to treat wastewater and sewage before discharging it to sea or river.
One of the primary methods to prevent pollution is to avail the sewage treatment plant maintenance services correctly. It is a usual problem of sewage treatment plant users as they forget to service these products until they stop working, or causing a pollution issue. These plants should be serviced and maintained once or twice a year.
Manufacturers across the world design these sewage treatment plants to promote the aerobic microorganism’s growth. However, every model uses distinct approaches and methods to create the environment for the micro-organisms to develop and be maintained.
The technology used by sewage or wastewater treatment plant includes air blowers, submersible pumps, rotating discs, and filter media. All sewage treatment plants need regular maintenance; however the maintenance needs rely on the processes used by the treatment plant.
If one fails to maintain these units, he has to face poor operating conditions, which later put bad impact on biological environment and result in untreated sewage. Lack of maintenance can also bring unexpected expenses such as costly repairs of component parts.
How many types of designs are available at sewage treatment plant manufacturers’ outlet?
There are several designs intended and produced by plant manufacturers. Sewage treatment plants using extended aeration process will and activated sludge need cleaning and removal of air diffusers and piping assemblies. There are plants using biological aerated filters, submerged aerated filters, and rotating biological contractor.
Do’s and don’ts in ETP operation for safety
- Wear safety shoes with anti-slip soles
- Wear personal protective equipment and chemical resistant clothing
- Wear protective glasses
- Never mix chemicals without expert advice
- Follow safety instructions provided by your sewage treatment plant supplier
- Follow all safety instructions regarding the transport, storage, handling or pouring of chemicals
- Check electrical equipment before use
- Check all electric cables are insulated properly
- Repair faulty electrical equipment
- Wear gas mask or respirator
- Do not smoke, eat or drink nearby the areas where biological or chemical contamination may be expected.
All workers should undergo periodic examinations by physician to determine early symptoms of chronic effects or allergies.